Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A Move I Hate

Analysis of a movie I hate:
Birdemic: Shock and Terror
This blog post was a little more difficult for me than some of the others, as there are not many movies I've seen all the way through that I can say I hate. Usually, if a movie I'm watching looks particularly bad, I just stop watching it. Then there are those movies that have been adapted from books that I've read and loved, and feel obliged to watch the movie of. These, sadly more often than not, are absolutely terrible; examples of these are movies are Eragon or The Mortal Instruments. However these movies don't necessarily have anything partially wrong with them, besides butchering the story line, so I chose to talk about a movie that I have mixed feelings on, but can definitely say is a terrible movie. 
I have a very love/hate relationship with this movie, because it is just so bad, that it's hilarious. So if you're in the mood for a laugh at something really stupid, this is your movie. But over all it really is just terrible, and is painful to watch at most points. 
The reasons for why it is bad are practically endless, but lets just start with the acting. Every single actor is in this movie is awful; they have practically no facial expressions for any of the scenes, they read their lines robotically and their movements are just so awkward, like they had absolutely no direction from the director on how to play their characters. Not that there was much even a good actor could do with this script. The plot line is supposed to be about birds attacking the city, but no birds even show up until about 40 minuets into the movie, and when they do, the explanation as to why they are attacking is all over the place. The characters themselves tend to be dry, speak in extreme run on sentences, and some seem completely unnecessary to the movie as a whole. The filming and use of space is awful as well. Either the camera is too low, too high or too close, and the amount of good shots the movie has does even compare to how many bad ones there are. Not to mention the just laughable excuse for a green screen, as well as the same 3 second clip of birds flying that is used throughout. (As seen below) 
Basically I could go on, the whole movie is a disaster, which makes it pretty hilarious to make fun of, as well as very easy to hate. 
(Here is just a small piece of what this movie entails, in case you're curious after this review) --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzV8Q2fsN0o (Jon Tron: Birdemic)



















No comments:

Post a Comment